Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Better Late than Never - Q1 Update

Well, here we are at the end of April, and I'm just now getting around to posting my Q1 results, sorry folks.  Frankly, there's nothing too exciting to talk about here - I tweaked my SHLD position and LUK merged with JEF, so nothing earth-shattering.  Anyway, here's a quick summary (keep in mind that my returns & portfolio are as-of 3/31/2013, so they won't include Sandridge, which I bought in April):

  • I came into the year with $213,090 and ended the quarter with $233,138.  I didn't deposit or withdraw any money, so this increase was straight appreciation.
  • My portfolio increased about 9.4% for the quarter (44.0% IRR), whereas the Hypothetical S&P increased about 10.5% (49.9% IRR).  
Below are the following exhibits: 7+ year performance summary, waterfall graph, holdings summary, and quarter-to-quarter bridge (all values & holdings are as-of 3/31/2013, click to enlarge).

As always, please don't hesitate to drop me a line if you have questions, comments, or stock ideas (especially that last one!).  In the meantime, good luck out there! 

Email mevsemt@gmail.com