Sunday, February 16, 2014

Some Changes...

Well folks, I hate to do this, but it's time for some changes...

As you know, one thing that makes this blog unique is that I post all of my transactions in real time and real dollars.  The great thing about this is that I have an audit trail and verifiable track record.  However, there's also a downside...

For one, the blog is now mostly focused on logging my trades, which isn't much fun for me and probably isn't that interesting to you.  I mean aren't you tired of all my posts on buying/selling Sears?!  I'm also worried about blogging induced style drift - am I more risk adverse, does "talking my book" create commitment bias, etc.?

Now, I might have been willing to live with this if it were just my own money, but recently I took on outside investors.  This means I need to be very careful about anything that can bias my decisions or impede my investing process.

So, where do we go from here?  For starters I will no longer log my trades.  And as for the rest of the blog, well I'm still trying to figure that out... stay tuned!

Questions?  Comments?  Email mevsemt@gmail.com.