Monday, December 19, 2011

Kmart Smart?

I've written about Sears ad nauseum, yet I've got nothing to show for it but egg on my face.  Indeed, over the past year, the company's consolidated operations have gone from bad to worse.   However, I still believe there's a lot of underlying value here (real estate, Kenmore, Craftsman, Sears Canada, Lands End, Home Services, etc.).  Further, anyone who owns Sears common stock is closely aligned with Eddie Lampert (and if you look at Autozone's chart from the late 90's through today, you'll see there could be worse things!).

With this in mind, I decided to sell cheap to buy cheaper.  Specifically, I sold my 625 shares of JCP at $32.34 (originally purchased at $25.47 in September 2011) and bought 400 shares of SHLD at $45.81, making it my second largest holding.  Wish me luck!

Questions?  Comments?  Email mevsemt@gmail.com